Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sad But True


Most people find this to be too harsh of a reality to believe...at least at first.
One asks themselves, "How could a loving God allow his creation to burn in hell fire forever?"
This of course then leads to many other questions...things like, "What if a person was never given a chance to be exposed to the Christian teachings.  How is it fair that they would be forever condemned?"

These question go far beyond the scope of this brief article.  These things should and will be visited many times on this blog as it grows.  Comments are currently open to anybody at this time...though I fear that will be abused.  Freedom of speech is paramount here...but because this is a Christian blog, we simply ask that you be respectful that children are very welcomed here and vulgar commentary will have to be deleted.

One thing worth addressing now would be that our loving God does NOT want this for us.  What God seems to want is true friendship.  His word teaches that the Angels were first created and that they were basically made to be friends.  True friendship is a tough thing though...even for an all powerful God.  In order for a true friendship to exist there has to be an option.  Free will was given to one Angel and he chose to be a god himself....this of course is Satan.

With the creation of man there also was given this free will.  We of course also chose to be gods, preferring the knowledge of good and evil over the luxury of having it all and zero stress over what was a good and bad thing to do in our lives.

As far as wondering if all people get a chance to hear the word of God...first it may be most helpful to answer whether or not you've given yourself a fair chance to hear the words of God.  Especially for us Americans...there are Bibles everywhere...as well as all other religious books...look to those, so that you are fully aware of all the information out there.  As far as all other peoples...that is more of something that you can become involved with pondering when you feel you are fully informed.  It works much like oxygen masks do on airplanes.  Place yours on first...even before your own children.  This way, you can be useful to others and help them to get their masks on because your still awake to do so.  Likewise, its only when you have a working knowledge on your own spiritual standing that you can really be the most considerate and effective in helping others to gain similar peace of mind.

Back to that original question concerning a loving God and why He would allow us to burn, yet say that He loves us unconditionally.  Think about a mother who loves her children in all ways and regardless of what they become.  She will do everything in her power for that child and love him despite poor choices.  That love cannot save him from jail.  Sure, it may bail him out of jail.  Sure it may save him tons of consequences...but at some point, there is just no further way to save him.

It is my belief that our God gives us this same love and all of these same opportunities over and over again to find peace and joy.  Now you may be thinking, "He is God...even if we totally mess up, He has that power to save us and take us into His heaven."  And you'd be right.  If that happens though....guess what...we are back to Angels again.  This takes away the free will and whats more it takes away are very purpose for being created.  That purpose to be true friends to Him by our own choosing.  If we choose to ignore His thousands of obvious pleas to love Him, fellowship with Him and to be His friend then we choose to be in the kingdom of those who choose this same thing before us.  This is that lake of fire...Satan's kingdom...hell.

If you do not wish to find yourself in such a place...take a single minute right now and ask for God to come into your heart and keep you from that very place.  Tell Him that you want to be His friend and want to come to know Jesus Christ as the Lord and Savior of your life.  Pray this believing and it will be made real for you.  This all may sound like some insane fairy tale to anyone who has turned their hearts from this teaching in their life...and sadly there are no words that I could right to change that.  I do challenge such a reader to consider the picture above.  Most likely you are a very intelligent person....so many who choose not to believe are very smart.  If fear isn't motivation enough....I don't typically use fear to motivate this message...consider how little you have to lose by trying it.  The worse thing that can possibly happen is that you feel a tad embarrassed to yourself as nobody has to ever even know you did it.

If this has had any impact on you at all...please let us know in the comments below...especially if you are in need of prayer or advise....this is the best part of this blog right here and it is very welcomed.

Thank you all for reading this.
In His service,
Adam


Source:

This was actually taken from facebook, but as you can see in the bottom right corner it has some likely origin with Atheist Republic.

2 comments:

  1. ARGH I hate typing replies on my laptop - I had a gorgeous reply all typed out and somehow my page refreshed. I would swear here, but I am a lady (because you insist that I be one).
    I am, as you well know, one of those "intelligent nonbelievers". I do not fear an eternity of hellfire and damnation because I believe that my life and all that it entails ceases to exist when my brain activity stops and my heart fails to beat on its own.
    I do not send my wishes and requests for salvation into the ether in hopes that a supernatural being who is his own son will rescue me from a horrible fate any more than I forward a chain letter promising me love and luck if I do or instant death if I do not.
    I wish there was a god (though not Yahweh as he seems to be a bit of a jerk) - it would be nice to think that I could ask for something and receive it. As it stands right now, I have as good of a shot of a favorable response in asking my can of Diet Pepsi for a favor as you do asking your god. At least my Diet Pepsi is cool and refreshing.
    That said, I do not judge you for being a believer. I love you as you are, as you were, and as you will be, and I will stand by you in your good times and bad. I am your secular god(dess).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I assure you that Yahweh God is not a jerk even if He may seem to be at times. Usually, it is a reaction to personally tragedy that would make us feel such a feeling towards Him. The feeling may well be that if we talk back to Him or disrespect Him we secretly feel as if this may provoke Him to speak to us in a very direct way, or part a sea for us, or something else so that we knew for fact that He is indeed real.

      I've never prayed to my Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi (I'm from Atlanta so of course I drink way more Coke), but I'm fairly sure that I've prayed for one to appear.

      I have a friend, well an online friend who has recently forsaken his atheist beliefs and now actually believes in God. That was a great thing to hear. But then he informed me that the real way to fellowship with him was to do a certain type of psychedelic mushroom. I don't know what that has to do with anything, but certainly I think you'd NOT want to trip out on mushrooms to try and find God. I think the formula in the article is a simple and time tested true method of coming to know God, through His Son. There is nothing to lose and He has promised in His word that if you pray believing that you shall be saved.

      Now, to a non believer this sounds like nothing more than self hypnosis. And if the suggestion was to pray a mantra 1,000 times each day for a month, then I too would dismiss it. I think its really quite simple and not in any way manipulative to pray what is known as the sinners prayer. Its about humbling oneself and realizing that this life is a tough one and that one now wants to have divine help with that struggle. Praying from the most real place inside of oneself that the creator God reveal Himself to us through His Son Jesus Christ. As much as one can reach within them self to try and believe this as it is prayed will be met with great reward...eternal life...what is better than that?
      Oh, you got two onion peelers off of a late night TV add for the price of just one? AND they paid the shipping...wow...yeah, no, this is better than that I assure you.

      Delete

All opinions and ideas are welcomed here at Adamant Ones, but please keep your language to a PG-13 level. Also, please be respectful of one another and refrain from troll behavior.